About Me

In conversation with Advocate Kanika Agrawal, Solicitors India Law Offices




"Never jeopardise with your life due to some one else. Give a smile to the problems and move ahead."- Advocate Kanika Agrawal. Ma'am is currently working at Solicitors India Law Offices, Delhi and contributing to We Are SAATH.


You have been working for Solicitors India Law Offices for their initiative We Are SAATH. How has your journey been so far and what challenges have you faced?

WeAreSAATH is a great initiative by us. At its very initial phase, I have dreamt a lot for this initiative but after jumping into practicality things changed. It’s been 2 months since we started this, journey was beautiful as it involves ups and downs and then coming out of the challenges. Indeed, helping those who is in need gave strength to fight with all the problems which came in my way. Many more problems are yet to come and I am ready for it. And yes, this journey will continue till it reaches to our dream goal.


How can law students and experts effectively contribute to the society?


Law students and experts are considered as one of the vigilant members of the society. They always work for the society. With the similar intention, we came up with this initiative of WeAreSAATH so that graduates can be part of this in spreading legal awareness in the society leading towards the upliftment of the citizens. Besides this, the best contribution is to sum up the various problems of the surrounding and work towards availing justice for them.



You have practiced in Mathura District Court. What learnings did you get from the same?


When I returned from Pune, I was in utter dilemma before joining Mathura District Court. I was in illusion if it can even contribute something to my knowledge. But, after visiting there I came to know the practical aspect of the courts. I learned every required basics of legal field by indulging myself into every small work which together contributed in nurturing my legal knowledge. This learning helped me a lot and I would strongly recommend every law student to learn the very basics of legal field.



After graduation, you pursued LLM from Symbiosis Law School, Pune. How has the same benefited you?


I was never prepared for pursuing LLM. Even fives days before the exam, I was so unsure about writing my exam but my family asked me to go and write the entrance examination papers. When positive result came, I thought of going as the course was just for an year. However, I had never expected such drastic change till I the time I finished it up. Of course I enjoyed there a lot but, my friends, staff, environment, competitive surrounding had hiked my confidence and aspired me to do more in life. Surrounded with refined students of the country taught me so much which is helping me at every walks of my life. That one year cannot be compared by any other experience. I met one person there, she taught be how to sink my problems with the happiness. And that is with me always. It was indeed an unforgettable experience.



Do you think law graduates should further study and proceed for masters?


As per my thinking, graduate who sees themselves in litigating field can give second thought before opting for masters. But, the ones who wish to explore their researching skills, train themselves in particular subject should definitely opt for the masters. It will help them in developing critical thinking and of course in gaining more confidence.



A word of advise for young law aspirants?


I firstly, congratulate you all for being part of such an amazing profession. My only advice for you all is don’t ever step back by fearing from the problems. Never jeopardise with your life due to some one else. Give a smile to the problems and move ahead. Life is very beautiful. So, live it to the fullest and do complete justice with it.


Also read - In conversation with Associate Lawyer Prerna Robin


Post a Comment

0 Comments